Whether you are a business owner or a traveler who loves to travel for both holidays and work, then the American Express Platinum Card will be the best choice to fulfill your credit needs. Or we can say this American Express Platinum Card offers some unparalleled benefits for frequent travelers.
From the word unparalleled, we mean to say that the card will offer you comfortable, efficient, and practical travel. However, you need to use the features in the right way to turn the benefits into a profitable one.
Beyond that, the Card will cost you $550 annually for its overflowing premium benefits to enhance your travel experience. Some of its valuable benefits include travel credits, airport lounge access with purchase protections, and additional exclusive services for a luxurious experience.
Let’s check out some of the top benefits of the American Express Platinum Card.
Airport Lounge Access Benefits
It is one of the best benefits that make the American Express Platinum Card different to stand out.
The cardholders will get eight different varieties of airport lounges including:
- The Centurion Lounge Network
- Plaza Premium Lounges
- Delta Sky Club
- Escape Lounges
- Airspace Lounges
- Priority Pass Select
- Lufthansa Lounges
- The International American Express Lounges
Airline Incidental Credits Annually
The platinum card offers you an additional $200 as Annual Airline Incidental Credits based on the fees you incurred on an airline of your choice. The feature includes things like seat selection, and lounge passes, checked bag fees, and other loads of interesting uses too.
- Access to Gold Elite Status at Marriott, Hilton Hotels, and Access to American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts.
The Amex Platinum Card offers various mid-tier hotel statuses including:
Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Benefits
- Assured welcome gift at check-in.
- Free room upgrades (Depends on availability).
- Provision of 2 p.m late checks out.
- In-room complimentary internet facilities.
- 25% bonus points.
Hilton Honors Gold Benefits
- Free room upgrades (Depends on availability).
- 80% bonus points.
- Additional full services with continental breakfast.
Benefits of Amex Fine Hotels and Resorts
- Free complimentary Wi-Fi.
- Daily breakfast for two people
- Room up-gradation on arrival
- Provision of noon check-in.
- Assured 4 p.m. late check-out.
- Additional $100 valued unique property amenity.
Complimentary Status Upgrades with Top Rental Car Companies.
All Amex platinum cardholders will be benefited from various top rental car services, including national, hertz, and Avis.
Let’s check out each of these benefits in detail.
Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
- Get 20% off on standard rates by using the code 633306. This will allow the cardholder to take advantage of the benefits and other discounts.
- For U.S., European, and Canada Hertz Premier rentals, the Amex Platinum cardholder will get 25% off on Saturday night.
- You can add up to 4 hours late rental with no additional penalty in almost every country. However, in countries like Chine and UAE offers a grace of 2 hours.
- 1st class car up-gradation depending on availability.
Avis Preferred American Express
- By using the coupon UUNA007 at the time of booking to get a complimentary 1st Class card upgrade with no additional charges.
- To avail, a discount of 25% off on base rates uses code #756900 with all Avis rental car services, and it is applicable worldwide.
National Emerald Club Executive Status
- Assured Upgrades on mid-sized vehicle rentals in the states of the U.S. and Canada.
- No additional second driver fees.
- Free of cost 1st class up-gradation in the location of the U.K., France, Spain, Germany, and Ireland.
- Free credits on car rentals after six successful car rentals.
- At the cost of mid-sized car rental, enjoy a full-size car every time you book.
- Special pricing on Premier selection car upgrades at the rental lot.
Additional 50,000 membership Reward points with 25,000 bonus points.
- Earn up to 50,000 Membership Rewards points on $10,000 purchase of services using the Amex Platinum card after account opening.
- You can get an additional 25,000 rewards points if you spend $10,000 within the first months of the membership.
Benefits of various protections and Insurance
Amex Platinum Card offers multiple protections and insurance benefits. This feature helps you a lot while you are traveling and enjoy a stress-free holiday.
This benefit includes many offers, let’s check a few of them in details:
- Protection on Purchase.
- Return Protection
- Additional Extended Warranty
- Insurance Plan On Baggage
- Insurance Of Car Damage And Rental Loss
- Insurance On Travel Accident
- Roadside Assistance With Global Hotline
Some hidden benefits of the American Express Platinum card
Although the benefits mentioned above are pretty exciting, the card offers a range of hidden benefits too.
I hope next time you don’t miss or forget to use these benefits too.
Unlimited Wi-Fi Access Powered By Boingo
With Amex Platinum card, a traveler will get unlimited fast and free Wi-Fi access with Boingo Amex Preferred Plan. It will allow you to log in up to 4 devices from over 1 million Wi-Fi hotspots around the globe.
Global Entry Reimbursement For Authorized Users
An Amex platinum Cardholder receives a reimbursement of $100 for global entry or TSA Pre-Check.
Flat 5x Membership Rewards Points On Flights
Being a traveler, if you book a flight directly via Amextravel.com, then you will receive an additional 5x membership rewards points. This reward is also applicable to hotel booking too.
International Airline Program
Booking flights with American Express Travel is a way to save. You can book over 20 different airlines with Amex travel and gain additional 5x reward points.
Additional Amex Offers
All Amex Cards comes with some special offers, discounts, and bonus points for spending with specific retailers. You need to add suggestions to the card based on your preference and choice.
Why is Amex Platinum Card best for your wallet?
As you know, the American Express Platinum Card allows you to experience some of the most luxurious travel with its tremendous value of just $550 premium annual fee. Being a frequent traveler, we recommend it to you. It’s one annual fee all adds multiple entrances to over 1100 airport lounges with $400 additional annual credits with free unlimited Wi-Fi and many uncountable benefits and discounts.